The Green Geek Disclaimer
Here are a few ground rules to ensure we have a shared understanding of this site and the content within.
I’m not an expert.
- The content on the Green Geek blog is create solely by the owner of the blog, who is not an expert, just someone happy to share his experiences along with what has worked well for him. I am not a trained electrician, plumber, builder, or handy person. I know just enough to be dangerous around the house and share the information on this site of what I have done simply for the interest, ideas, and entertainment of others. Similarly, I am no financial guru and have no formal financial training and have no basis or interest in providing formal financial advice. Also, the content on this site is not error free and there are no guarantees of accuracy.
I am happy to provide you with ideas, but please, use this content to do your own further research on the subjects presented.
Look out! This stuff can be dangerous.
Home maintenance or energy related projects may be dangerous, working with electricity can pose a risk of electrocution, and local building codes may vary significantly. Investing is not a sure thing and you may not get the money back you invested. The Green Geek cannot be held responsible for the outcomes of your financial decisions, your projects, or for your personal safety.
Saying this in a slightly more legal way…
- All content is for informational purposes only. It is very important to do your own analysis before making any investment, purchase, or project decisions based on your own personal circumstances. You should take independent advice from a professional in connection with, or independently research and verify, any information provided here that you wish to rely on, whether for the purpose of making an investment decision or otherwise.
- The Green Geek is not an investment adviser, does not act as a broker/dealer, and is not in a position to give financial advice, advice concerning investment decisions or tax or legal advice. No advice from the Green Geek blog constitutes, or should be understood as constituting, a recommendation to enter in any investment transactions or to engage in any of the investment strategies presented. Any content presented is solely for informational and educational purposes so others can seek independent advice on the subjects presented.
- Accordingly, the Green Geek blog will not be liable, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, in respect to any damage, expense or other loss you may suffer arising out of such information or any reliance you may place upon such information.
- Investing is not a sure thing. The value of shares and investments and the income derived from them can go down as well as up; investors may not get back the amount they invested – losing one’s shirt is a real risk; and past performance is not a guide to future performance.
Ads & Affiliate Relationships.
- Like most blogs, this blog generates revenue either through ads and/or affiliate links which help to keep the site up and running. Making a purchase through an affiliate link does not result in any additional cost to you, however, I may receive a small commission – for which I will say “thank you for the support!”
- My primary goal for the blog is providing recommendations to tools, systems, and products that I have researched thoroughly and i) already decided to purchase myself (unless clearly stated otherwise) and 2) believe in so much that I want to tell others about great these things are. If there’s an affiliate link option for something I’ve already bought and/or use that I love and want to refer more to, great. If not, no big deal and I will still write about it! My philosophy for this site is treating it as if I were writing advice to my siblings or brothers and sisters-in-law, and thus, there is nothing on this site that I don’t wholeheartedly believe in and everything I use and I would (and do) recommend to my own family.
- As mentioned before, almost all the content on this site (unless otherwise credited) is created by the Green Geek. You’re welcome to use it and link to it, but please don’t take it and post it on the web somewhere without linking back to this site. Failing to link back to and credit the Green Geek site as the source constitutes a copyright violation.
- GreenGeekblog.com only collects the standard information used by traffic logs automatically generated by the web server and Google Analytics, as well as any information you provide as part of comments left.
- We will never sell or voluntarily disclose any of your personal information or email address to outside companies.
So if that wasn’t a fun read, I’m not sure what is! Thanks for being a part of this site and if you have any further questions on these details, don’t hesitate to contact me.